Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 15, 2014

Phil wasn't feeling the best today, so I decided to take the dogs and go down to the beach.  It was hot.  Hot.  Even for me it was too hot.  I don't know f I acclimated to Washington weather so well that a slight spell of warm weather breaks me or what.  Regardless it felt good to get out of the house and outside.

I sat by a table giving the dogs to option to sit under the table I the shade.  Bear especially seemed to appreciate the gesture.  He spread and only moving for the occasional drink of water.  Harley was  fine and sat under my chair most of the time unless his protective skills were needed to bark at a dog walking by completely ignoring terriorist.  I think we stayed a little too long as I think I came home with a case of 'too much sun'.

I wish Phil could go with us to the beach, but he's not fond of the sun, nor is the sun friendly towards his chemo skin.  He also uses a wheelchair now and that is not easy at a beach.  Just one more thing cancer drives a wedge into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment